Pages

Bunglin' Bundy

Bunglin' Bundy
Hail the King of Mediocrity!

Saturday, June 23, 2012

What Happened To Lazy Saturday?

Saturday. What a joyous day. It used to be. Back in the days when I wasn't overloaded with responsibilities. But I remember those days...staying in bed way past the usual wake up call...a leisurely block of quality time with coffee and a bagel...a good (real) book to spend the morning with...plans with friends...shopping, lunching, yakking, wool gathering, dressing for the evening's festivities...So nostalgic.

Today, I'm lucky to get a cup of coffee and some computer time before everyone who depends on me (2 humans and a poodle) start stirring or whining or demanding my time. I long for the day that Saturday comes and I can't find a thing to do. That day will come when I pack my toothbrush and my favorite bra and sneak away in the wee hours of the morning. Where will I go? Nowhere. What will I do? Nothing. With whom will I do it? NO ONE!!!

Oh, how Divine does that sound? Very.

Alas, this fantasy remains a fantasy. But one that keeps me going.

I worked for a V.P. once who had a panoramic view of a Hawaiian island hanging on the wall behind his desk. It kept him working towards the day he would retire there.

I have no visual aid for my fantasy day. Really, what would represent divine nothingness? It's too zen a concept to capture with a physical image. So...when I have time to take a breather I close my eyes and envision...nothing. nowhere. no one.

Ommmmmmmmmmmmmm.



Here is my visual aid for nothingness. I shall hang it on the wall in my office and dream about it and the day I achieve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment