Pages

Bunglin' Bundy

Bunglin' Bundy
Hail the King of Mediocrity!

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

52 Weeks of Happiness - Week 1




GREETINGS FROM OCEAN CITY, NEW JERSEY!!!



I wanted to live in this town since I was old enough to know the difference between towns.

Every time I crossed this bridge, my heart would beat faster and I felt like I was entering a magical place. Like fairyland. Without the fairies.


I could not wait to arrive at the ocean. The beach and boardwalk were like mecca to me.
And the water!! Oh, the water. Warm like bath water. Gentle waves. Seaweed wrapped around my feet. It was paradise. Until the jelly fish moved in.

Even the smells of the town were intoxicating. On the North side the nose took in the scent of coconut oil. On the South side, it was primarily peanuts. And my favorite character roamed the boardwalk on hot, sweltering summer days in his very uncomfortable looking suit. He was probably in constant distress but his presence on the boards made many a child giddy.

Mr. Peanut


(Pretend you don't notice the building says "Atlantic City Convention Hall". It's only a few minutes away and Mr. Peanut roams their boards as well)



When arriving in the evening, this view never fails to excite me. At any age. Even at this age!

There is no loss of magic when the summer season ends. The fall and the winter steal my heart as well. The romance carries over to the icier months.



The boardwalk is even more exciting when its deserted.


For the last twelve years Ocean City, NJ has been my home and I've never been happier!



5 comments:

  1. Excellent series of photos, I like, good selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the Ferris wheel photo! I really should do more traveling. To have snapped these would make me happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic shots, and where I am right now is not so far from the ocean either. I love it!

    I am glad to know you love where you live! It's a blessing..

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister lived near Ocean City Maryland for a few years and it we visited once. It was in April though and the beach wasn't really open. My step-son is in the Coast Guard and graduated from boot camp in Cape May N.J. which is quite near Ocean City and it really is beautiful there. Not at all what I think of when I think of New Jersey.

    ReplyDelete