Pages

Bunglin' Bundy

Bunglin' Bundy
Hail the King of Mediocrity!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A Little Ice, Please.

This summer has probably affected me more than any other summer since I've been an adult. Heat is a new experience for me. Before the dreaded men-o-pause I was always cold. Like maybe my core temp hovered around 32 degrees. I have been know to sleep in leather outwear in July (not in a kinky way). But now...I am damn HOT!!! So uncomfortably hot I don't know how I'll make it through another equatorial (I don't even know if this is a word, let alone a pretentious one) day.

My body temperature has now increased, I'm sure, to jungle fever (not in a kinky way) level  before the sun even touches me. I sit in my air conditioned office each day hoping my deodorant doesn't give out before 5 o'clock. I remember the days when my assistant would sit in our air conditioned office and complain about who put the goddamn heat on while I would sit shivering in an alpaca sweater. I thought menopause must be the worst experience of a woman's life. I was right.

I have no time to fight this summer time misery. I have a job to go to, a very demanding 92 year mother to tend to and a husband who is just living on the border between NOT NORMAL and full blown OCD. So. No time to mess with you, summer.

In order to simplify my life during this surface of the sun season, I have decided on two uniforms. One for sleeping and one for living in the rest of the time. Of course, work attire has to be a bit more formal but at all other times I will be chilling out in my uniforms.

I purchased 12 Big and Tall men's V neck undershirts, long enough to be worn as a mini dress, to serve as the top of my uniform.

For the jammies, I bought 5 pairs of light cotton baggy capris in various colors.

Bam!! Of course this classy little number gets tossed on the floor at night (not for a kinky reason).I only wear it  for the sake of propriety until it gets too hot to wear anything all night.

During the day, the same men's over sized tee shirts are the top half of my attire and one of 5 pairs of stretch capris for the bottom half. Easy and comfy. Thanks to my arrival into that "certain age", I am no longer worried about what the Shoobies will think of me as I fight my way through the grocery store to the strawberry aisle.

I have my uniforms, I have my menopausal don't give a shit attitude and in the evening I have my strawberry daiquiri. Bring it on, summer, you bitch!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment